Introduce students to the idea that ocean currents bring nutrient rich water to the Galapagos Islands and help to sustain the islands’ rich biodiversity.
- To understand that the world’s ocean are dynamic systems
- To understand that there are surface and deep flows of warm and cold water around the globe.
- To understand the term upwelling and how this impacts the Galapagos islands.
- To identify and explain the main ocean currents that impact Galapagos.
- To explain the effect of upwellings on flora and fauna of Galapagos.