Introduce your students to basic concepts in genetics. This section introduces the concept of genetic variation through considering inherited and environmental variations. Students will also research the structure of DNA.
- To know that heredity is the process by which genetic information is transmitted from one generation to the next.
- To understand that genetic variation between individuals within a species can be due to inherited or environmental variation.
- To understand how the double helix is formed.
- To explain how individual variation can be due to inherited or environmental forces.
- To explain how the double helix is formed.